The organism is a living thing that possesses various properties to progress life until its death. In straight words, the organism is nothing but a living creature. They have been separated into different categories based on their genetic property, cell number, structure, and reproduction.
Biologists have classified the organisms taxonomically considering their shared characters. However, organisms can be separated into different forms based on their physical properties. The two most possible ways to separated the organisms have been described below.
Generalized classifications of organisms
1. Classification of organisms based on genome localization (nucleus)
Based on the nucleus, organisms have been separated into two groups.
2. Classification of organisms based on cell number
Organisms have been divided into three groups based on their cell number.
Frequently asked questions
1. What is an organism that can make its own food?
Example: Organisms belong to the kingdom “Plantae”, Algae and some autotrophic prokaryotes.
2. What is an organism made of one cell called?
Answer: Unicellular organism.
3. What is an organism made up of many cells called?
Answer: Multicellular organism.
4. What organisms are composed of many cells?
Answer: Most of the eukaryotic organisms except fungi, phytoplankton, algae, and zooplankton, protozoa, etc.
Fungi can be single-celled or very complex multicellular organisms.